Sunday 8 December 2013

If you follow my blog, you would have already realised that I love handmade jewellery. If you don't, I tell you now: I love handmade jewellery. And even more if the artist is local! I like the idea a wearing a pair of earrings or a nice necklace while its maker could be sitting next to me in a coffee shop, for example. The artist will probably stare at me and smile, and I would probably smile back, without knowing exactly why. 

Since its launch the 6th September 2013, I walked by that little shop in Stokes Croft everyday, admiring the beautiful "bunnies and pineapples" art wall, but I was apparently too busy to have 15 minutes to have a look inside.


Not sure why, last Thursday, I went inside and discovered the perfect gift shop. The Little Shop is an art gallery for local artists to exhibit their artwork. Every now and then, they change over their artists and welcome new ones with a party. 

You will find a large selection of unique prints, cards, jewellery, ceramics, t-shirts and creams, everything handmade, perfect for a gift. I specially liked a handmade porcelain mug by Bee Hayes (see here) and the smell of the creams.

Prices are generally not cheap, but not too expensive either. Besides, the fact that you are promoting and supporting local artists is even more important, and in Christmas time... aren't we looking for something special and unique?


I bought "one-of-a-kind" handcrafted pair of earrings in zebrawood by Priormade craftworks. At the back, it says "coffee table"... Isn't it great to have a pair of earrings that were a coffee table before? I find it very inspiring!
I also purchased a beautiful handmade butterfly brooch in red by Thomas Chadwick.


Earrings by Priormade (£13)
Brooch by Thomas Chadwick (£6)


The little shop is located at 125 Cheltenham Road (BS6 5RR) and opening hours are Tue-Sat 11am to 7pm and Sundays 12-5pm.

LINKS
-------------------------------
The Little Shop
EMAIL: thelittleshopinbristol@gmail.com
Priormade
Thomas Chadwick
Email: thomaschadwickdesigns@gmail.com
Posted by Great little place called Bristol On Sunday, December 08, 2013 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message...

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Instagram


Like us on Facebook!

Twitter



Translate