Tuesday 18 February 2014

I don't know much about art. I feel I need to say it before you read the rest of the post. I've studied music, so I know about it. However, about sculpturing, drawing, painting, etc. the only thing I can say is "I like it" or "I don't like it", and maybe if I felt something special when I saw the artwork. That's all.

This is the exhibition I have visited at the Arnolfini:


TEMPORARY EXHIBITION @ ARNOLFINI
Until 16th March, JoĂ«lle Tuerlinckx is showing her work titled Wor(L)(D)(K) IN PROGRESS? which leaves no one indifferent (check picture slideshow below). 
The exhibition is free, open from 11am to 6pm. We just visited the downstairs, a room with orange walls. We found rocks on the floor, a wooden staircase, some press cuttings from French and German newspapers, small drawings similar to the ones I used to do with my BIC pen when I got bored at school, a headless sculpture of a guy (or girl) sitting down, (wrongly) photocopied pages of some books, black and white dots in different sizes, sentences written down on the floor with sellotape... 

I visited the exhibition with two more friends. One of them left the room right after seeing the first piece of art, the other one checked the entire orange room with me. We both were completely confused, wondering where the hidden camera was. We didn't get any message. Moreover, we sincerely thought it was a joke.

I would really what to ask you, blog follower, if you ever see this exhibition, please share your opinion with us! And if you understand about art, could you also explain me the hidden message? Looking forward to having an answer!


ARNOLFINI WEBSITEhttp://www.arnolfini.org.uk/
Posted by Great little place called Bristol On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2 comments

2 comments:

  1. If only you would post individual photo's, as opposed to making many into composite photo's, now I suppose I must visit #Arnolfini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. You are probably right. I have so many pictures and I was hesitating whether a collage would be the best way to show all of them or not.
      I will add more pictures in a photoslide soon. Thank you for the feedback. :)

      Delete

Leave your message...

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Instagram


Like us on Facebook!

Twitter



Translate