Thursday 24 April 2014

I came back from my Easter break down in Cornwall fully recovered and looking forward to posting new (and hopefully interesting) stuff in my blog.


I have friends visiting this weekend. It is my birthday next weeks so we will celebrate it properly during the weekend. It won't be the first time in Bristol for any of my friends and therefore, I have to come up with different options to do in the city rather than "touristic stuff".

Some days ago I read about the Bristol Walking Festival and thought, "Hey, that'd be fun!". If weather permits, I think I am gonna make my friends to do some walking. 

The Bristol Walking Festival, which is a month-long festival, is the largest urban walking festival in the UK. Over 150 guided walks will take place offering a good opportunity to learn about local history of the city voted European Green Capital for 2015. 
The official launch of the festival will be next Saturday, 26th April 2014, at 11am at City Hall and College Green. In this event, everybody will be able to find out what's happening during the festival, meet the walk leaders and sign up to take part in any activity that might be interested. There will be walks to take part in on the day, all starting from the City Hall and activities and stalls College Green.
Main walks start on Sunday  though, including walks around the Medieval Bristol and the Suspension Bridge, continuing with many walks everyday until 26th May. For more information, have a look at the programme here.

They will also be running a photography competition to capture Bristol's beauty. It is open to all amateur photographers who want their photograph to be exhibited publically. The main prize will be a Swim&Dine for two at the Lido. Further information about the competition here

USEFUL LINKS
Bristol Walking Festival: www.bristolwalkingfestival.co.uk



Posted by Great little place called Bristol On Thursday, April 24, 2014 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message...

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Instagram


Like us on Facebook!

Twitter



Translate